Sunday 25 January 2009

Progress: Prototype Demo



Sry about the quality, I will try post a better version of this once I've found a decent video capture program. So I'll give you a run down on whats going on in this demo, I thought uploading a prototype would be the best method on showing you some of the mechanics that exist in the game. The platforms are working on collision of the characters jump action and in the parallax background, but gravity is a problem when the character runs off the platforms, in this demo it is clear that the gravity and the triggered animations for the character are not reacting when they should. I need to fix the actioscript that is conflicting with other pieces of code in the game, this is where the actionscript gets sectioned off into variables that only triggered when they are called upon, but there is also the performance problem in Actionscript 3. AS3 emmeory usage and garage collecting is all managed manually, and the graphics are becoming too much to handle. I might end up exporting the game in AS2 because AS2 sorts the garbage collection automatically. At this stage I dont think everything has to look or act perfectly, just has to behave well enough for you to understand the basic game mechanics. The next prototype I will be showing how the health particles setting works in visually showing the character's health in the game, but now I have the chance to tweek the engine before the more complicated code is implemented.

1 comment:

as santinhas said...

Your work is very strong.we like it. Congratulations.
We are brazilian's girls, we work with fashion and love art.