Monday 19 January 2009

Dream and Myth


yep..so another scary character with a huge glowy axe. All these character designs will have some sort of description to why they look like they do, but not right now heh. I still need to give them names too, argh. I think dreams and myths come from the same place, so in order for these characters to have some kind of expression within a symbolic form, their names could probabily be worth thinking about within mythology. I have already started looking at Japanese folklaw and using the whole "Baku" concept of supernatural beings that devour dreams and nightmares, but its not enough, I dont think for the characters to truely stick out, plus the whole Japanese folklaw stuff has been used to hell, and its getting old. How about looking at something Finnish or Vedic Mythology? yeahh, so must watch and read more random stuff for inspiration. Thinking of downloading Castlevania Symphony of the Night on XBLA, just for funs..and maybe research for animation, cos I'm pretty stuck on how thats going to be done in Flash. Do I go frame-by-frame, which might be most likely considering the detail in the protagonist, or jointed animation where characters body parts are animated at the pivot points, at the joints basically, bit like Odin Sphere (but a lot worse than how Vallinaware does it). I have the Animators Survival Kit, I love this book, anyone who is doing some kind of animation needs to own this, if you dont then what the hells, man. Soo, will keep you posted and more concepts to come, but first, dissertation.

No comments: