Monday 13 April 2009

Menu Interface Designs & HUD redesign



...I've been designing the menu interface, and experimenting with some cool gradient shading in Flash. These are some of the different variations I was thinking on using, but I've chosen to use the interface design uderneath the start game and options text. I have also redesigned the in-game interface because I was having some problems with it (see previous post), but now I think it works well within the levels (urh, except from geting lost in the 2nd level, argh).



This is a sample of the orb collection and inventory interface. The orb collection presents the new feedback of upgraded abilities. As for my initial design of the inventory was going to be include as a seperate interface outside of the game, but this would break up the flow, so I changed it to an in-game inventory interface. The HUD presents these new abilities by extending its link to include another guage. Each link added to the orginal guage increases the level and power of a special ability, but this special requires more orbs to execute on harder enemies.
The inventory can be selected by holding down the left trigger on the 360 controller and items inside the inventory can be scrolled by using the dirctional keys while holding down the left trigger and pressing A to use the item.

No comments: