Wednesday 8 April 2009

Level 3: Progress



...just finished vectorizing the 3rd level, urhh, this time I vectorized it straight into Flash because I was having problems with Illustator. well, the problem wasn't Illustrator, but how it was exporting the ai.files, for some reason I would have massive slowdowns in the parallax scrolling background when importing the Illustrator files from the previous levels I did. I think when Flash converts an ai. file into one movie clip it would have more movie clips inside of that one. I tried breaking them apart, but it would sometimes get rid of the art entirely, argh. So I opted to do it in Flash, I could possibly get the same desired effect I want from Illustrator, without the big file size and lag...so yays, now I need to incorporate some atmospheric effects such as mist and dark clouds. I need to make the particle health setting a part of the atmosphere for this level, it will be done in ParticlesIllusion, but that is for another post so see ya then.

No comments: