Thursday 30 April 2009

Feedback / User Testing Post!

I asked a couple of dudes to test the game out so far, awesome thanks to those that gave it a shot. Anyways, Dream Hunter has been in the hands of some merciless game designers I know and I've noticed a trend coming from them:

1. It is unclear where the platforms are located in the level because they are the same colour as the foreground trees.

2. The platforms in the middleground are nearly the same tone as the platforms in the foreground. They percieve to be on the same layer, confusing the platforms that do react with player in the foreground (1. might fix this).

3. Not enough visual feedback on the objective in the levels and the controls.

4. The health particle setting doesn't not reset to full green particle health when the player dies and restarts. Also, The character's position doesn't not reset back to the beginning of the level when the player falls into a pit.

5. lack of animation and gameplay (gameplay I'm still working on, a majority of my time was spent in building the game engine in Flash,now that Ive done most of that I'll be concentrating more on this)

I will try fix these problems asap, but The GDD is in need of a phoenix down.

No comments: