Saturday 14 March 2009

Level 2: Test



Argh, sorry again about the quality, for some reason the video is only showing two of the three layers, it looks like theres is quite a lot of foreground, but there is another layer. I can't get Fraps to work so I'm using crappy CamStudio. The parallax works nicely with the layers, but I still have to sort the layer's colours and their speeds relative to their distance, which shouldn't be too much of a problem. Really need to finish the 1st level before moving on to this one, I think I'll stop at level 3, cos making the art assets as vector takes ages (plus, I'm not too good with illustrator, hmm I could just do it within Flash? dammit, oh well already done now). Soo...aiming for 3 complete levels, the rest I will be concepts. kay, tis 7, sleep time.

...this is the finished vectorized level looks like, its really dark in the video clip :(, must differentiate the tones more for each parallax layer that gradually fades further into the background...or it just might be the crap quality of the video, meh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have you tried E.M. Free Game Capture? I think you can do well with this program. Just google the program for downloading.