Thursday 9 October 2008

The protagonist



hey...I just thought you might be getting sick of seeing the same level by now so I've put up the finalised character design sketch of the protagonist, [argh done so many variations of him, but yeahh, he lookings mean now] If you want to know more about the character, you'll have to wait for my proposal document, urh, arghh! the proposal...anyways before I start doing the walk cycle, animating attacks, magic etc. [this might take me a couple of weeks to get it looking seamless], I really need to sort out the game engine and make a working prototype. I think I'll need to seperate the prototyping process from the rest of the game and use programmer art such as placeholders, which will probabily make the project simplier to develop, focus a lot more on the gameplay and figure what art is needed later...although seperating the art and technical processes might harder to reintergrate them later, argh. So I think the engine is priority no.1 at the mo, oh and the proposal.

2 comments:

Marcus Graci said...

Hey there, I've been keeping up with your blog here, and decided to stop by and say how I do enjoy it. I used to be into the programming scene, never any games though. Just some logic programs and such. Never really had the creativity for gaming. But you seem to have things going for ya. Keep it up, and I'll keep reading.

TheTiangle's Game Blog said...

Hey...thanks dude, I'm Surresh by the way, I'm in my 3rd year of BA Games Design in England, and was just blogging cos we have to show the development process of our game, I really didn't think anybody would be interested lol. and argh, i suck at coding.