Friday 31 October 2008

The Core Engine

Before I integrate the graphics and special effects, I need to get an game engine programmed. The engine will include side-scrolling, platform levels with various collisions for the player and enemy objects. I have been prototyping a very simple parallax scrolling level, using all the graphics as placeholders.It has been a good way to develop and focus on the gameplay, so far. The key objective now is to finish the core engine to create a framework upon which the rest of the game can be built and added. Unfortunatly, I had to use graphics for these screenshots, just to see the overall asthetics of the parallaxing planes. Still need to include leveling up arrays and enemy collisions and AI. er..need some weeks to animate the characters and enemies, argh.



Things done in the Game Engine:
1. Parallax Scrolling
2. Easing
3. Character Movement Controls
4. Platform Collisions

Things that need to be done:

1. Enemy collisions
2. GUI
3. Particle Health Setting
4. A php 'Captured Souls' Leaderboard

1 comment:

Marcus Graci said...

YAY SIDE-SCROLLERS. Yeah, I just don't have the patience to program a game to that extent, I'm just too lazy. haha